Living Coral: Natural Happiness
Pantone's color of 2019 is Living Coral. Cited as a color of carefree happiness, it symbolizes our innate need for optimism and joyful pursuits, a feeling people may be craving in today’s landscape.
Get inspired to add this popular color to your home, garden and everyday life!
This warm vibrant color will add positive energy to every area of your home. It is versatile, mixes well with jewel tones like teal and navy, and is perfect with taupe, grey and beige because of its golden undertones. Coral is energizing and also creates a sense of serenity in your space.
As a single accent or in larger doses, it is bound to create glamour and foster a friendly inviting space. Here are a few ways to play around with coral in every aspect of your home:
Coral Inside the Home
1. Small accent pieces: Try incorporating this color in smaller accent pieces such as pillows, throws, or fresh flowers to add a refreshing touch.
2. Play with patterns: By playing with patterns, you are dispersing the color in small amounts. This way you draw the eye around the room without making it look too busy.
3. Go bold: Use Living Coral in larger doses by hanging curtains or laying an area rug for a bigger impact. Painting an accent wall is another great way to add visual interest to your space.
Coral Outside the Home
1. Paint your front door: With summer on the way, this trending shade is a great color to freshen up the look of your outdoor space too. Make a bold statement by painting your front door in this vibrant color! Coral will bring out the unique details of your door and will be a bold and exciting contrast to most exterior colors. It is the perfect way to greet your guests and works on all styles of architecture from ultra-modern to cozy farmhouse.
2. Add pep to your patio: A touch of Coral to any or all of your outdoor seating will inspire a spark of joy every time you step into your outdoor space. Add pops of this playful color in pillows, umbrellas, and even ceramic pots.
3. Living Coral in your Landscape: Different hues of coral blooming in decorative pots and in the landscape will be eye catching and cast a gorgeous glow upon your backyard. This playful and vivid shade is readily available in numerous flowers and plants. Coral Roses, Gerber Daisies and even Coleus plants are some great options to utilize when decorating your garden with this trendy hue.
Coral is a fresh color, which is exactly what we crave come springtime. Use this bright, natural color as a reminder to live boldly and beautifully. Living Coral 16-1546 will add an instant pick me up to every aspect of your home and life.
The color of the year is a perfect example of how we can find everyday beauty in all living things.
Donna BloxsomHome Decor Specialist