Green Giant is a stately, large evergreen tree that provides quick screening when planted in groups, but also looks great standing alone. Develops rapidly into a uniform, tight pyramid without pruning! Taller and proportionally narrower than Dark Green and Techny Arborvitae, Green Giant can grow over 2 feet per year when established. The lustrous rich green foliage stays green and doesn't turn bronze over the winter. Do give it plenty of room to spread, and plenty of water during dry periods. While tolerant of partial shade, the plant will look and perform its best when grown in at least 6 hours of sun daily. Unlike the more common Eastern Arborvitae, deer seem to dislike the foliage of this species.
- Mature Height: 30-40 feet
- Mature Width 10-12 feet
- Spacing: 6-10 feet
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun
- Soil Conditions: Moist (typical)
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, holds the same glorious potential!
As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles or trusted partners.
- We offer Same-Day delivery!
- Free 7-Day Delivery over $300!
- Prices depend on location (starting at $35 in Wilmette)
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
We also offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. After your order we will prepare the product within 1-2 hours. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready. If you are planning to pick up later than 2-3 days after purchase, please respond to your Order Confirmation email to let us know. For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.