Robust spreading evergreen, can be used in many different ways. Soft, dark green needles emerge bright green in spring. Plant 2.5 to 3 feet apart to create a beautifully trimmed hedge, or much farther apart to allow for natural spread. May be trimmed in early summer. Best in locations sheltered from winter wind and salt spray. Tolerates shade and many different soil types, provided they are well-drained. Will languish in heavy, wet clay soil. Excellent for year round color in foundation, patio and border plantings.
- Mature Height: 4 feet
- Mature Width: 6 feet
- Spacing: 2-6 feet
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun, Part Shade, Shade
- Soil Type: Moist (Typical)
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, holds the same glorious potential!
As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles or trusted partners.
- We offer Same-Day delivery!
- Prices depend on location (starting at $35 in Wilmette)
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
We also offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. After your order we will prepare the product within 1-2 hours. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready. If you are planning to pick up later than 2-3 days after purchase, please respond to your Order Confirmation email to let us know. For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.