Closely related to Climbing Hydrangea this refined clinging vine is a gorgeous choice for shady areas. Slightly drooping, flat-topped flower clusters (Lacecap) with pink, teardrop-shaped outer florets appear in early summer, lasting for about a month. Leaves are dark green with uniquely serrated edges, and turn yellow in fall. Unlike Climbing Hydrangea whose branches reach outward, this vine tends to remain flush with the surface it's growing on. Flaky and peeling bark on cinnamon brown stems adds winter character. Best on solid surfaces such as stone, brick or wood. Can be slow to establish, but definitely worth the wait!
- Mature Height: 40 feet
- Mature Spread: 6 feet
- Spacing: 6 feet
- Sunlight: Part Sun, Shade
- Soil Type: Moist, Well-drained
- Easy Care
- Flower: Pink
Early in the season, many plants are pruned to encourage later fullness, and therefore may vary in size from the photo and size range. Rest assured, they hold the same glorious potential.
As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles or trusted partners.
- We offer Same-Day delivery!
- Free 7-Day Delivery over $300!
- Prices depend on location (starting at $35 in Wilmette)
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
We also offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. After your order we will prepare the product within 1-2 hours. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready. If you are planning to pick up later than 2-3 days after purchase, please respond to your Order Confirmation email to let us know. For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.