Beautiful, hardy, and adaptable, Climbing Hydrangea is perhaps the best flowering vine for our area. A self-clinging vine, it is best grown on a solid surface such as wood fence or pergola, stone or brick wall, or large tree. Glossy, large round leaves create dense coverage and fragrant, lacy white flowers in late June are spectacular. The stems often protrude outward, giving depth to the surface it is growing on. Peeling cinnamon brown bark on older branches provides great winter character. Sometimes slow to establish, but is worth the wait!
- Mature Height: 40 feet
- Mature Width: 8 feet
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun, Shade
- Soil Conditions: Moist (typical)
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, it holds the same glorious potential!
We deliver outdoor plants within a zone around the Chicagoland. As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles.
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park. See here for a list of zip codes.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
- To add Chalet's Planting Service, standard pricing is 50% of the plants' retail price. (minimum planting fee is $75)
- Right now, our normal delivery fee of $50 is waived for orders over $250.
- Fees do not include tree or stump removal.
- Larger orders may require separate labor quote. Plantings carry a 1-year full guarantee. However, there is no guarantee for container or planter plantings as they are difficult to overwinter.
No-contact Curbside Pickup
We offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. Orders usually take about 4 hours to prepare. You will receive an email when your order is ready for pickup. Once you receive this email please pick up the items within 72 hours.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.