A showy small shrub valued for its spires of mixed sterile and fertile white flowers that progress to pink, red, then wine red; blooms well in shade; somewhat coarse in appearance, needs slightly acidic well-drained soil Diamond Rouge® Hydrangea features bold conical white flowers with pink overtones at the ends of the branches from early summer to late fall. The flowers are excellent for cutting. It has green foliage throughout the season. The pointy leaves do not develop any appreciable fall color. The fruit is not ornamentally significant. Diamond Rouge® Hydrangea is a multi-stemmed deciduous shrub with an upright spreading habit of growth. Its relatively coarse texture can be used to stand it apart from other landscape plants with finer foliage. This shrub will require occasional maintenance and upkeep, and is best pruned in late winter once the threat of extreme cold has passed. It has no significant negative characteristics. Diamond Rouge® Hydrangea is recommended for the following landscape applications; Accent Mass Planting General Garden Use This shrub performs well in both full sun and full shade. It prefers to grow in average to moist conditions, and shouldn't be allowed to dry out. It is not particular as to soil type or pH. It is highly tolerant of urban pollution and will even thrive in inner city environments. Consider applying a thick mulch around the root zone in winter to protect it in exposed locations or colder microclimates. This is a selected variety of a species not originally from North America.
- Mature Height: 5 feet
- Mature Width: 4 feet
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun
- Soil Conditions: Moist (Typical)
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, it holds the same glorious potential!
We deliver outdoor plants within a zone around the Chicagoland. As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles.
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park. See here for a list of zip codes.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
- To add Chalet's Planting Service, standard pricing is 50% of the plants' retail price. (minimum planting fee is $75)
- Right now, our normal delivery fee of $50 is waived for orders over $250.
- Fees do not include tree or stump removal.
- Larger orders may require separate labor quote. Plantings carry a 1-year full guarantee. However, there is no guarantee for container or planter plantings as they are difficult to overwinter.
No-contact Curbside Pickup
We offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. Orders usually take about 4 hours to prepare. You will receive an email when your order is ready for pickup. Once you receive this email please pick up the items within 72 hours.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.