Meadowlark is a big, robust Forsythia with very hardy flower buds. Arching branches are smothered in bright yellow flowers in April, before the leaves emerge. Dark green, trouble-free leaves may turn burgundy and yellow in fall. Give this rapid grower plenty of space to develop naturally, as it doesn't look its best when sheared. The long stems are great for forcing. Great in mixed shrub borders for its sensational early spring flowers.
- Mature Height: 8 feet
- Mature Spread: 8 feet
- Spacing: 6 feet
- Sunlight: Full Sun, Part Sun
- Soil Type: Moist, Well-drained
- Deer Resistant
- Cut Flowers
- Easy Care
- Flower: Yellow
As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles or trusted partners.
- We offer Same-Day delivery!
- Free 7-Day Delivery over $300!
- Prices depend on location (starting at $35 in Wilmette)
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
We also offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. After your order we will prepare the product within 1-2 hours. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready. If you are planning to pick up later than 2-3 days after purchase, please respond to your Order Confirmation email to let us know. For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.