This non-invasive variety of a native honeysuckle is a durable shrub with fantastic foliage and long-lasting yellow flower clusters. Grows in a dense, spreading mound. New leaves emerge orange, mature to green, then turn an incredible glowing orange-red in fall. Starting in May, clusters of yellow flowers at the branch tips bloom for many weeks and attract scores of butterflies, hummingbirds and pollinators. Adaptable to different conditions, including shade, although flowering will be diminished. Stunning planted in groups in foundations, shrub borders and natural settings.
- Mature Height: 4 feet
- Mature Width: 4 feet
- Spacing: 3-4 feet
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun, Shade
- Soil Conditions: Generally Dry, Moist (typical)
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, holds the same glorious potential!
As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles or trusted partners.
- We offer Same-Day delivery!
- Prices depend on location (starting at $35 in Wilmette)
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
We also offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. After your order we will prepare the product within 1-2 hours. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready. If you are planning to pick up later than 2-3 days after purchase, please respond to your Order Confirmation email to let us know. For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.