This amazing introduction features yellow to chartreuse foliage all summer long; great fall color in hues of purple, red, yellow, and orange; showy bright red stems in winter; excellent for bringing a splash of four-seasons color to the garden Neon Burst™ Dogwood has attractive chartreuse foliage with hints of yellow which emerges coppery-bronze in spring. The pointy leaves are highly ornamental and turn outstanding shades of gold, red and deep purple in the fall. Neither the flowers nor the fruit are ornamentally significant. The scarlet branches are extremely showy and add significant winter interest. Neon Burst™ Dogwood is a multi-stemmed deciduous shrub with a more or less rounded form. Its average texture blends into the landscape, but can be balanced by one or two finer or coarser trees or shrubs for an effective composition. This is a relatively low maintenance shrub, and can be pruned at anytime. It has no significant negative characteristics. Neon Burst™ Dogwood is recommended for the following landscape applications; Accent Mass Planting Hedges/Screening General Garden Use This shrub does best in full sun to partial shade. It is an amazingly adaptable plant, tolerating both dry conditions and even some standing water. It is not particular as to soil type or pH. It is highly tolerant of urban pollution and will even thrive in inner city environments. This is a selected variety of a species not originally from North America.
- Mature Height: 5 feet
- Mature Width: 5 feet
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun
- Soil Conditions: Generally Dry, Moist (Typical), Soggy, Flood-prone
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, it holds the same glorious potential!
We deliver outdoor plants within a zone around the Chicagoland. As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles.
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park. See here for a list of zip codes.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
- To add Chalet's Planting Service, standard pricing is 50% of the plants' retail price. (minimum planting fee is $75)
- Right now, our normal delivery fee of $50 is waived for orders over $250.
- Fees do not include tree or stump removal.
- Larger orders may require separate labor quote. Plantings carry a 1-year full guarantee. However, there is no guarantee for container or planter plantings as they are difficult to overwinter.
No-contact Curbside Pickup
We offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. Orders usually take about 4 hours to prepare. You will receive an email when your order is ready for pickup. Once you receive this email please pick up the items within 72 hours.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.