Striking pure white blooms with a very faint blotch adorn this vigorous and hardy variety in mid spring; considered one of the best whites, it will definitely make an impact along borders; absolutely must have well-drained, highly acidic and organic soil
Pleasant White Azalea is covered in stunning clusters of fragrant white trumpet-shaped flowers with creamy white throats at the ends of the branches in mid spring before the leaves. It has green foliage which emerges light green in spring. The narrow leaves do not develop any appreciable fall color. The fruit is not ornamentally significant.
Pleasant White Azalea is a dense multi-stemmed deciduous shrub with an upright spreading habit of growth. Its relatively coarse texture can be used to stand it apart from other landscape plants with finer foliage.
This is a relatively low maintenance shrub, and should only be pruned after flowering to avoid removing any of the current season's flowers. It has no significant negative characteristics.
Pleasant White Azalea is recommended for the following landscape applications;
- Mass Planting
- General Garden Use
This shrub does best in full sun to partial shade. It requires an evenly moist well-drained soil for optimal growth, but will die in standing water. It is very fussy about its soil conditions and must have rich, acidic soils to ensure success, and is subject to chlorosis (yellowing) of the leaves in alkaline soils. It is somewhat tolerant of urban pollution, and will benefit from being planted in a relatively sheltered location. Consider applying a thick mulch around the root zone in winter to protect it in exposed locations or colder microclimates. This particular variety is an interspecific hybrid.
- Mature Height: 4 feet
- Mature Width: 4 feet
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun
- Soil Conditions: Moist (Typical)
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, holds the same glorious potential!
We deliver outdoor plants within a zone around the Chicagoland. As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles.
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park. See here for a list of zip codes.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
- To add Chalet's Planting Service, standard pricing is 50% of the plants' retail price. (minimum planting fee is $75)
- Right now, our normal delivery fee of $50 is waived for orders over $250.
- Fees do not include tree or stump removal.
- Larger orders may require separate labor quote. Plantings carry a 1-year full guarantee. However, there is no guarantee for container or planter plantings as they are difficult to overwinter.
No-contact Curbside Pickup
We offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. Orders usually take about 4 hours to prepare. You will receive an email when your order is ready for pickup. Once you receive this email please pick up the items within 72 hours.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.