As you might guess, Autumn Splendor was selected primarily for its outstanding red fall color, which is unheard of in other buckeyes. The large, somewhat glossy disease resistant leaves are medium green in summer, turning a bright orange-red in the fall. Large, yellow-green upright flower panicles adorn the tree in mid spring, eventually giving way to rounded fruits containing the nuts that squirrels relish. Tidy, rounded form and moderate size make this tree a 3-season choice for today's smaller gardens. Easy to grow in most soils but benefits from good watering during dry spells.
- Mature Height: 35 feet
- Mature Width: 30 feet
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun
- Soil Conditions: Moist (typical)
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, holds the same glorious potential!
As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles or trusted partners.
- We offer Same-Day delivery!
- Free 7-Day Delivery over $300!
- Prices depend on location (starting at $35 in Wilmette)
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
We also offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. After your order we will prepare the product within 1-2 hours. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready. If you are planning to pick up later than 2-3 days after purchase, please respond to your Order Confirmation email to let us know. For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.