Tried-and-true Red Barberry is great for adding color to the landscape. Dense, slender and thorny stems grow into a compact, rounded mound without pruning. Small reddish purple leaves turn shades of orange and red in fall. Subtle yellow flowers in spring are followed by red fruit that birds enjoy. Makes a handsome low, formal hedge and looks fantastic planted in groups for the dramatic color effect. Suitable for hot, dry areas and drought tolerant once established.
- Mature Height: 2 feet
- Mature Width: 3 feet
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun
- Soil Conditions: Generally Dry, Moist (typical)
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, it holds the same glorious potential!
As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles or trusted partners.
- We offer Same-Day delivery!
- Free 7-Day Delivery over $300!
- Prices depend on location (starting at $35 in Wilmette)
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
We also offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. After your order we will prepare the product within 1-2 hours. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready. If you are planning to pick up later than 2-3 days after purchase, please respond to your Order Confirmation email to let us know. For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.