This hardy, fast growing native shrub is a wildlife magnet and super easy to grow. Clusters of creamy white, nectar-rich spring flowers are followed by white berries on pretty red stalks that attract songbirds. Shiny, dark gray-green leaves turn shades of purple and burgundy red in fall. Adaptable to sun or shade, dry or wet soil. Ideal for natural areas or poor soil areas where little else grows. Note: this is a large plant that spreads aggressively by suckering. Host plant for the Spring Azure butterfly.
- Mature Height: 8-10 feet
- Mature Width: 8-10 feet
- Spacing: 4-6 feet
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun, Shade
- Soil Type: Generally Dry, Moist (typical), Soggy, Flood-prone
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, holds the same glorious potential!
As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles or trusted partners.
- We offer Same-Day delivery!
- Free 7-Day Delivery over $300!
- Prices depend on location (starting at $35 in Wilmette)
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
We also offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. After your order we will prepare the product within 1-2 hours. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready. If you are planning to pick up later than 2-3 days after purchase, please respond to your Order Confirmation email to let us know. For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.