An improvement on native gray dogwood with more colorful winter stems, better disease resistance and a less aggressive habit. Clusters of creamy white, nectar-rich spring flowers are followed by white fruit on showy red stalks that attract cardinals, bluebirds and other songbirds. Shiny, dark gray-green, leaf spot resistant leaves turn deep maroon in fall, the color lasting for weeks. For added interest, new stems are a bright red color over the winter! Adaptable to sun or shade, dry or wet soils. Great for massing or hedging in large areas.
- Mature Height: 8-10 feet
- Mature Width: 8-10 feet
- Spacing: 5-6 feet
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun, Shade
- Soil Type: Generally Dry, Moist (typical), Soggy, Flood-prone
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, it holds the same glorious potential!
As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles or trusted partners.
- We offer Same-Day delivery!
- Prices depend on location (starting at $35 in Wilmette)
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
We also offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. After your order we will prepare the product within 1-2 hours. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready. If you are planning to pick up later than 2-3 days after purchase, please respond to your Order Confirmation email to let us know. For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.