Green Gem is a slow growing broadleaf evergreen with a compact rounded form well-suited for creating very low hedges. The leaves, smaller and less round than Green Velvet's, retain their color well through the winter. The best time to shear is in late June after the new growth has hardened off, but trimming at other times is alright, too. Has a myriad of uses such as border edging, topiary, container planting, and rock/alpine gardens.
Note: All boxwoods from Chalet are final sale. Boxwoods are non-refundable due to risk of spreading pathogens.
- Mature Height: 2 feet
- Mature Width: 2 feet
- Spacing: 18-24 inches
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun
- Soil Conditions: Generally Dry, Moist (typical)
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, it holds the same glorious potential!
As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles or trusted partners.
- We offer Same-Day delivery!
- Prices depend on location (starting at $35 in Wilmette)
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
We also offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. After your order we will prepare the product within 1-2 hours. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready. If you are planning to pick up later than 2-3 days after purchase, please respond to your Order Confirmation email to let us know. For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.