Colorful evergreen foliage and a neat pyramidal habit make this arborvitae a useful color accent in the garden or foundation planting. New foliage emerges orange in the spring, gradually turning green over the summer. The foliage then turns an outstanding harvest gold color in the fall. This is a relatively low maintenance shrub. If any pruning is needed, lightly trim back the new growth of the current season making sure you don't cut into bare stems. Plant in areas sheltered from drying winter winds. May need protection from deer.
- Mature Height: 10-15 feet
- Mature Width: 3-5 feet
- Spacing: 3-4 feet
- Sunlight: Sun, Part Sun
- Soil Conditions: Moist (typical)
Plants are constantly growing, ever-changing, and therefore unique. The plant you receive may vary from the photo, but rest assured, it holds the same glorious potential!
As plants are perishable, we take care to deliver them by hand using our own vehicles or trusted partners.
- We offer Same-Day delivery!
- Prices depend on location (starting at $35 in Wilmette)
- Delivery zone includes the North Shore Suburbs North up to Winthrop Harbor and Wauconda; North Side of Chicago to downtown and Southwest to Oak Park.
- For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
We also offer free in-store pickup at our retail store at 3132 Lake Avenue in Wilmette, IL. After your order we will prepare the product within 1-2 hours. You will receive an email notification when your order is ready. If you are planning to pick up later than 2-3 days after purchase, please respond to your Order Confirmation email to let us know. For plant material not planted by Chalet, there is a 1-year, 50% merchandise credit guarantee.
Returns accepted within 14 days by replying directly to our order confirmation email. Refunds issued only in original form of payment.